Klubhouse Kids Program Ready for Fall Activities
After-school program features supervised activities at two Warren locations.
Klubhouse Kids is a state licensed after-school program designed to care for elementary and middle school children.
The concept upon which the Klubhouse philosophy is based is Respect for the Child. The program always endeavors to individualize the expectations for each child by that child's developmental stage. The program stresses strong interaction between families, staff and community.
Klubhouse runs in accordance with the public school schedule beginning at school dismissal until 6:30 p.m. This includes care on half days as well.
A two-, three-, four- or five-day per week schedule is available.
Klubhouse staff supervised bus transportation, provided by Fred Dealaman Bus Company, to two Warren sites is included in the daily fee along with nutritious snacks. All of the staff members are Red
Cross certified in First Aid, AED and CPR.
Typical activities will include:
- Supervised homework in a separate, quiet area with reference materials available;
- Quiet library area with soft seating and a large selection of age-appropriate reading matter;
- Indoor/outdoor sports and games and/or free play in a park-like setting;
- Arts and crafts, manipulatives, games and puzzles;
- Science projects, cooking and multi-cultural projects;
- Computers for homework and educational games;
- Community outreach ventures;
- Dramatic play area with dress up items and puppet theater;
- Separate middle school programs and activities.
Students attending Angelo L. Tomaso, Central and Mt. Horeb schools will attend programs at the Pilgrim Church, 105 Mountainview Road. Middle and Woodland school students' programs will be offered at the Community Volunteer Fire Co. firehouse, at 14 Community Place.
For more information on the program or for registration, contact Merri Murello, director, at 908-419-4710 or by email to JMMurello@Verizon.net