Your teens are holding a car wash at the high school Saturday. The grandparents volunteered to take the younger children to a movie Sunday afternoon. Your tweens take tap on Wednesday evening. It’s your time. Take it.
Each week, we’ll tell you about one great idea to give you a much deserved break, and make your life a little easier, maybe a whole lot easier.
And we all know that this weekend is St. Patrick’s Day, and we know that that means music, clog dancing, shamrocks and maybe a bit of alcohol.
So we’ve got some recommendations of great places in the county to kick back, relax and enjoy a little leprechaun fun.
- , on Chimney Rock Road in Bridgewater, is offering many days of celebrating, beginning Thursday with music by The Snakes, followed by the music of Mace Gill on Saturday. Seatings Thursday for the music will be at 5:45 p.m. and 7:15 p.m., while Saturday’s performances will run 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. A special menu through Saturday includes corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, Guinness beef pot pie and Baileys Irish cream cheesecake. Reservations will not be accepted Saturday.
- , on Route 202/206 in Bridgewater, is featuring all-you-can-eat corned beef and cabbage for $7.95 Saturday.
- , on Route 22 in Bridgewater, is offering special dishes, in addition to performances by step dancers and more Saturday.
- , on East Main Street in Bridgewater, is holding its own week-long celebration, with corned beef and prizes offered every day Friday through Sunday.
- , on Washington Valley Road in Martinsville, is hosting "An Evening in Ireland" Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. The evening will include live Irish music by The Kevin Byrne Band, as well as bag pipes played by Cliff Delaney and a performance by Irish step dancers. Plus, the restaurant will be offering an all-you-can-eat buffet with corned beef, cabbage, Sheperd’s pie, potatoes, rice, steamed vegetables, Irish soda bread and much more. The brunch is $26.95, and $12.95 for children ages 12 and under.
- The, at 579 Allen Road in The Hills section of Basking Ridge, will be throwing a St. Patrick's Day Party on Saturday. Live music will begin at 9:30 p.m., featuring the Irish band, Millie's Closet. The menu will offer authentic Irish specialties, such as corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew and more. Check out the restaurant's website for more information.
- Rolf's, on Old Stirling Road in Warren, will be featuring live music with the Michael Craig Band performing Irish songs from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.