In less than one week will be a day to celebrate lovers everywhere.
That’s right, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and now is the time to be making last minute plans about where to take that special someone for an evening on the town.
If you’re still looking for a way to celebrate the holiday of love, we’ve got some suggestions of some great Valentine’s Day opportunities throughout Somerset County.
- Treat your Valentine to the special dinner menu at Uproot, featuring Oysters Rockefeller, American Waygu Flat Iron and Butter-Poached Lobster Tail.
- Enjoy dinner at the Tap Room, in the Somerset Hills Hotel, and take advantage of the overnight special (with champagne and chocolate-covered cherries delivered to your room).
- Rolf's Restaurant will have special Vaelntine's Day menus Feb. 14-Feb. 16.
- Chimney Rock Inn on Thompson Avenue in Bridgewater is adding some special items to its menu for the Valentine’s Weeklong Special from Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. through Feb. 14. Specials will include the Heart-Shaped Lobster Ravioli, Prime Rib and Grilled Salmon with Chopped Shrimp in a Garlic Sauce on a bed of spinach, and all of these entrees include soup or salad.
- The Bernards Inn, on Mine Brook Road, in downtown Bernardsville, will let lovebirds celebrate for a night or a whole weekend if they want to celebrate Valentine's Day — or a weekend getaway. A three-course prix-fixe dinner of $118 per person on Feb. 14 offers such treats as Chateaubriand or stuffed lobster, with flowers and "decadent" chocolate included.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy is hosting a Couples Cooking Demonstration and Wine Tasting Feb. 14, with a family-style dinner that includes a demonstration by the sous chef and a wine tasting by a featured wine specialist. The event is $150 per couple, and will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The on Route 202 in Basking Ridge, is offering special menus for those couples looking for a getaway. For the menu, choices include Semolina and Fresh Ricotta Cavatelli; Honey Roasted Australian Lamb; Cedar Plank Scottish Salmon; and more. This will be available from Feb. 14 through Feb. 16. There is also a special menu for Valentine’s Day itself, complete with burgers, salads and much more.
- The Raritan Valley Community College Planetarium, on Lamington Road in Branchburg, is hosting “Romancing the Stars” on Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. This is a star show for couples ages 18 and older. The evening will offer an opportunity to look at the stars with a focus on stories that celebrate love. The cost is $15 per couple and reservations are strongly suggested. Call 908-231-8805 for reservations.
Know of any other places doing something special for Valentine’s day? Tell us in the comments!