You won't have to interrupt any after-dinner naps to go shopping in Warren Thursday—local stores are closed—but we've got the low-down on where to do your shopping in the area.
On Friday, be sure to check the specials at Hillary's Fashion Boutique and TRU Salon+Spa, both of which are offering holiday specials.
Hillary's Fashion Boutique is offering 50 percent off all boots and shoes; 30 percent off jeans and 20 percent off "everything else." Early shoppers will find a special ghift with each purchase (as long as suppies last).
TRU Salon+Spa is offering special discounts with its membership programs, which begin at just $29 per month and offer discounts off facials, hair and nail services. Stop in at the salon for details.
Heading to the major shoping areas nearby? Here's a quick guide on the store plans:
- Bridgewater Commons Mall—The mall will be on its holiday hours, and it will be open beginning at 6 a.m. Friday. But some stores will be opening even earlier than that. For those who are hungry, Sbarros will be opening Thursday at 9 p.m., Banana’s will open at 9:30 p.m. and Starbucks inside the mall will be open at 10:30 p.m. Then, opening at midnight Friday will be Aeropostale, American Eagle, Baja B Que, Bath & Body Works, The Body Shop, Eddie Bauer, Express, Forever 21, Gloria Jean’s Coffees, Macy’s, Nathan’s, PS by Aeropostale,Things Remembered and Wet Seal. Zumiez will open at 4 a.m. Check the mall’s website for special holiday hours from Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Best Buy—The store, on Commons Way, will be open beginning at 12 a.m. Friday, and they will be handing out tickets up to two hours prior to the midnight opening. All Black Friday sales will last from Thursday through Saturday. Check the website for full details on deals.
- Target—This store is opening on Thanksgiving, at 9 p.m. Thursday. There will be online exclusives as well Thursday, and the sales run through Friday. Check the website for full details on Black Friday sales.
- Old Navy—The store is bringing "Cheermageddon" to the masses, with the store opening at midnight Friday with sales, and a free New Super Mario Bros for the new Wii U System with any $40 purchase.
- Barnes & Noble—The store is having special hours, with it opening from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Black Friday. The store is closed Thanksgiving Day.
- The Children’s Place—The store, in Bridgewater Town Center on Route 202, will be holding special hours on Black Friday, open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. for all your shopping needs.
- Harbor Freight will feature special Black Friday Deals available online Thursday, but the store will be closed until Friday.
- Staples opens at 5 a.m. Friday—check the website to see the specials.
- Wal-mart: The store plans to open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day for what Wal-Mart calls as Event 1. Event 2, with "hot deals," is scheduled for 10 p.m., but Watchung Borough is barring stores from being open from 10 p.m. to midnight.
- Target: Will open at 9 p.m. Thursday, but also must close from 10 p.m. to midnight. Special offers through the night.
- Kohl's: Opens at midnight with early bird specials overnight.
- Sears: Opens at 8 p.m. Thursday, with "Door Buster specials." The store will also be required to close from 10 p.m. to midnight.