Warren, New Jersey Grassroots Newswire January 20, 2014 – Wednesday, January 29, 2014 is National Puzzle Day and local brain training center LearningRx Warren is challenging local students to put their puzzle-building skills to the test … a brain skills test!
Now through January 31st, LearningRx Warren is offering a special reduced price on a brains skills assessment – evaluating processing speed, attention, logic and reasoning, visual and auditory processing and memory. The testing pinpoints the root cause of difficulties and can help students decide what steps to take to strengthen certain cognitive skills.
“Puzzles are great toys for kids not only because they’re usually very affordable, but also because they help strengthen important brain skills,” says Marcia Douglas, Executive Director of LearningRx Warren. “These include things like attention, visual processing, planning and spatial reasoning. They’re especially important for younger children, because a foundation of strong cognitive skills makes learning easier later.”
Fun Puzzle facts:
• Jigsaw puzzles originated in the 1760s when maps were pasted onto wood and dissected.
• In 2008, more than 15,000 people in Ravensburg, Germany assembled a nearly 6,500-square-foot puzzle in town square. The puzzle had 1,141,800 pieces.
• In the 1930s, puzzle manufacturer Einson Freeman convinced a toothbrush company to give away a puzzle with every toothbrush purchase. More than one million toothbrushes sold.
“Watching your child do a puzzle can give you some insight into which brain skills are already strong, and which need to be strengthened,” says Dr. Ken Gibson, author of Unlock the Einstein Inside; Applying New Brain Science to Wake Up the Smart In Your Child . “And the cognitive skills needed to assemble an age-appropriate puzzle in a timely manner – like visual processing, logic and reasoning, attention and processing speed – need to be strong to avoid issues in science and math later.”
• Puzzle strategies: Here are 4 tips to help your child finish a puzzle: http://ezinearticles.com/?Jigsaw-Puzzle-Strategy---4-Main-Routes-to-Finishing-That-Puzzle&id=3442806
• Free puzzles online: Lots of free jigsaw puzzles for all ages that kids can do online:
To obtain a copy of Dr. Gibson’s book, Unlock The Einstein Inside; Applying New Brain Science to Wake Up the Smart In Your Child, or to learn more about the special brain skills assessment and consultation package, contact LearningRxWarren located at 34 Mountain Boulevard, Building C, Warren, New Jersey 07059. Anyone interested is welcome to call 908-22-BRAIN (908-222-7246), to e-mail email@example.com or to visit the Center’s Web site at www.learningrx.com/warren.
LearningRx specializes in treating the cause – not the symptoms – of learning struggles. The programs’ game-like exercises and one on one trainer-to-student ratios provide guaranteed dramatic improvement in as little as 12 to 24 weeks. With over 80 centers across the U.S., LearningRx brain training can help anyone – from 4 to 104 – increase the speed, power or function of their brain.