Two people were hospitalized in one of the nearly dozen accidents on Warren streets Tuesday, as a passing storm left snow and ice on township roadways.
The bulk of the accidents reported were the result of drivers loss of control of their vehicles, occurring between 10:30 a.m. and 12:19 p.m. Two other accidents included injuries, which were either treated at the accident scene or untreated.
Deborah Beher, 49, of Basking Ridge, and a juvenile passenger in a vehicle driven by Desiree Amaral-Espadas, 22, of Westfield, were hospitalized after the vehicles they were driving collided on Mountain View Road at 10:52 a.m. when Amaral-Espada lost control of her vehicle.
Injuries were reported after a head-on collision between vehicles driven by Paulino DeJesus-Calcano, 54, of Belleville, and Maria Valladares, 39, of Warren, on Hillcrest Road at 11:09 a.m., however, all parties refused ambulance transportation. DeJesus-Calcano reported losing control of the vehicle he was driving before the accident.
Another head-on collision, on Mountain View Road, was reported at 11:11 a.m., after Navin Geria, 74, of Liberty Corner, reported losing control of the vehicle and hit a vehicle driven by Lori Cohen, 42, of Warren. Atlantic Ambulance responded to the scene also, but all parties refused transportation to a hospital.
Other accidents reported were:
- A single-vehicle accident on Mount Horeb Road, near King George Road, at 10:30 a.m. after Srinivas Bellary, 41, of Edison, reported losing control of the vehicle he was driving and slid off the roadway.
- Ice on Old Stirling Road led to a single vehicle accident at 10:33 a.m., when Lisa Wickey, 44, of Warren, lost control of the vehicle she was driving and went off the road.
- A vehicle driven by Aditya Vishnughotla, 34, of New Brunswick, hit a vehicle driven by Bharat Yadav, 32, of Cateret, while on Colonial Crossing at 11:23 a.m.
- A vehicle driven by Theordore Henschel, 21, of Warren, slid on ice and hit a tree on Dock Watch Hollow at 11:43 a.m.
- At 12:04 p.m., police responded to an accident on Stirling Road, near Stiles Road, after Patricio Guevara-Supe, 44, of North Plainfield, lost control of the vehicle he was driving and went off the road.
- Driver Gerd Ofenleger, 66, of Warren reported losing control of the vehicle he was driving on Deer Path, near Old Smalleytown Road, at 12:19 p.m. and going off the road, due to ice.
- A vehicle driven by Bruce Heyman, 52, of Warren, went off the road on Mountain Avenue, near Wagner Farm Arboretum, at 2:33 p.m. At 4:29 p.m., a vehicle driven by Pamela Rivera, 39, of North Plainfield, also went off the road in the area,striking a guardrail.
No summonses have been issued in any of the accidents at this time.