As we look ahead to November’s elections, Warren Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Warren Township Committee: Gary DiNardo and Vic Sordillo, both Republicans, are unopposed seeking re-election for three-year terms.
- Warren Township Board of Education: Kathy Helewa, Gregory Steier and Desiree DeNourie are seeking the three, three-year terms.
- Watchung Hills Borough Board of Education: Incumbent Peter Fallon is facing challenges from Gregory Przybylski and Dianne Belcuore.
- Somerset County Freeholders: Voters will fill two three-year terms, with Republican incumbents Mark Caliguire, of Montgomery, and Patrick Scaglione, of Bridgewater, facing Democrats Anthony Pranzatelli, of Bound Brook, and Somerset resident William Galtieri. Caliguire was appointed last year to complete the term of Jack Ciattarelli, who stepped into the New Jersey Assembly seat after the death of Peter Biondi.
- 7th Congressional District: Incumbent Leonard Lance (R), who has been in office since 2009 and held off a primary charge from David Larsen, takes on Democratic challenger Upendra Chivukula.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.